PISTON KIT VR38 D95.5
This high performance STEP2 package includes pistons and connecting rods designed for R35 GT-R with higher engine output.
This Forged Piston Kit + Connecting Rod STEP2 Set is a must to upgrade the engine performance using with the GT800 Racing Specs and/or STEP2 Camshaft.
Left: STEP2 Connecting rods / Right: STEP1 Connecting rods
Piston＆Connecting rod set
POINT-1 Parts for Higher Engine Output
- Factory replacement type piston & connecting rods kit with the standard bore size.
- To avoid piston land breakage, HKS pistons are made with forged material instead of casting like the factory pistons. The shape of STEP2 is the same as STEP1.
- It's recommended to use with other items of the GT800 Package.
- In-house test at 900PS confirmed the durability and safety.
- The setting range is widened by reducing the compression rate from 9.0 factory ratio to 8.7. This is effective to increase the engine output using the aluminum block specs and/or bigger cylinder bore.
- STEP2 piston's recess is 1mm deeper than a stock to best use with the STEP2 camshaft.
POINT-2 Factory Replacement Type
- The weight of the connecting rod is the same as the factory since the affect of the V6 engine's peculiar vibration should be considered.
- The piston is light-weighted to approximately 25g.
- The weight is optimized to install to the factory crankshaft so it is not necessary to use a dummy weight to balance.
POINT-3 Higher Reliability by In-house Design & Production
- The best 3D profile for this piston was selected after various profile tests. The forged material exclusively for HKS was used.
- With the results of in-house analysis on the factory connecting rod, the durability is improved by approx 46% maintaining the balance.
- All parts are MADE IN JAPAN.
|HKS STEP2||HKS STEP1||Stock|
|Small-end dia. (mm)||φ23||φ23||φ23|
|Large-end dia. (mm)||φ59||φ59||φ59|
|Center distance (mm)||165.1||165.1||165.1|
|Reference weight (g)||734.6||722||724.6|
|Capable Torque (kgf-m)||130||114.8||78.6|
Recess of STEP2 Piston is deeper than the STEP1.
However, the recess of the STEP1 piston has been changed to the same depth of the STEP2 as of the production on March 11, 2011.
All stock of the STEP1 on April 15 includes pistons with deeper recess.
|Mark on piston's back|| & || or later|
|Label on package||before 090311||after 090311 (D.M.Y.)|
|Forged piston kit||VR38DETT||3799||φ95.5-φ23||Not required||Not required||21003-AN009||－|
|VR38DETT||－||φ23||－||－||23004-AN005||for standard stroke|